Philadelphia based property management company is seeking a Senior Property Accountant to join their team for an immediate, direct-hire opportunity. This role will be responsible for supporting the accounting functions of multiple multifamily and commercial properties. There will be exposure to senior leadership and the opportunity for growth. Alterra Property Group offers competitive compensation and benefits and is looking for someone who is driven and wants to grow in their career.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and record daily, monthly and annual property and upstream transactions for a multi-unit specified property portfolio.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for all property and upstream level entity bank accounts.
- Prepare GAAP based monthly reporting packages for Public and Private institutional investors, lenders and other stakeholders within the specified reporting requirement guidelines.
- Prepare and update monthly work papers and sub-schedules for all relevant property level accounts
- Independently investigate and resolve property level discrepancies between front and back-end reporting within Yardi
- Prepare annual property budgets for property portfolio
- Initiate and track monthly operating results and in-month meetings with Property Management team.
- Research and development property level efficiencies from a reporting and operating stand point
- Understand, implement and document monthly internal controls over financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting – Working towards CPA designation preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience in accounting for Real Estate with an emphasis on public and mid to large private joint venture partners.
- Ability to work in both an independent and team focused atmosphere in a fast paced multi-entity reporting environment.
- Experience with Yardi Accounting Platform preferred
Leave A Comment